Known issues in Debathena
- Some packages (Zephyr, from, mailusage, and
mailquota) willl not work behind a NAT device or home
router. Consider using tzc for Zephyr.
- Upgrading between Ubuntu releases may cause you to lose Debathena
functionality until you re-enable it.
- An existing local account with the same name as your Athena account
may cause problems for debathena-login,
debathena-login-graphical, and debathena-workstation
users. A workaround is
- When upgrading from Ubuntu Intrepid from Jaunty, you may see a
message about /etc/services that indicates that three Athena-specific
lines are about to be removed. You should select “Yes” / “Install the
package maintainer's version”; the Athena lines will be re-added later
in the upgrade process.
- Upgrades of the libhesiod0 package may cause an OMINOUS
WARNING error. [more]
- Pine’s “bounce” feature sends messages to the original recipient
instead of the specified one. [more]
- Some legacy applications that ignore nsswitch or attempt to enumerate the
passwd database will behave incorrectly and not notice Hesiod
users. For example, finger without the -m option will
attempt to walk the passwd file and ignore Hesiod. (This
specific example has been worked around in Debathena.)