Ticket #793 (closed enhancement: fixed)
lightdm-config should be able display a MOTD on the login screen
|Reported by:||jdreed||Owned by:||jdreed|
|Cc:||Fixed in version:||debathena-lightdm-config 1.4|
We should package yet another gdm-config applet to display the contents of a file on the login screen, if that file exists. This would, for example, allow us to ship that file on Jaunty which informs users that they should upgrade their machines.
We could also possibly source a second, sysadmin-controlled file, to emulate the old motd2 functionality from xlogin.
- Milestone changed from Natty Release to The Distant Future
- Summary changed from gdm-config should be able display a MOTD on the login screen to lightdm-config should be able display a MOTD on the login screen
- Milestone changed from The Distant Future to Precise Beta
- Status changed from committed to development
- Fixed in version set to debathena-lightdm-config 1.4